The Foodie’s Guide to St. Thomas Restaurants
To help you plan your dining experiences before your arrival on the island of St. Thomas, we have compiled this list of both local and visitors’ favorite restaurants. From drinks to appetizers to entrees to desserts you will find a wide variety of cuisine including Caribbean, Japanese, Italian, Mexican and American, just to name a few.
Dine Like a Local
1. Located in Bluebeard’s Castle and overlooking Charlotte Amalie and the harbor, Room With A View offers an extensive menu. Enjoy a glass of fine wine with your entrée of Lobster Thermidor and have some Mango Cheesecake for dessert.
2. Experience a taste of Spain at Amalia Café, family owned and operated. Visitors praise the Paella Valenciana, open-air dining and great service.
3. While out shopping at Royal Dane Mall, either start your day or take a break for lunch and enjoy some local Caribbean dishes at Gladys’ Café. Be sure to pick up a bottle of their signature hot sauce, as well.
4. Hook, Line & Sinker sits on the harbor in Frenchtown and is a favorite gathering place for locals and visitors. Their varied menu includes not only fresh fish such as Yellowtail but also meats and pasta. Expect great service.
5. Looking for burgers and fries on St. Thomas? Locals and visitors alike boast about the great food and casual atmosphere at The Tap & Still in Red Hook. Be sure to put it on your list.
6. Havana Blue combines the robust flavors of Latin America with the spices of the Pacific Rim to offer you the best in fine dining. Enjoy a specialty drink, an appetizer and the ambience of this oceanfront restaurant as you await your entrée.
7. For an experience you are sure to remember order “The Famous Love Shack Volcano” frozen drink at Duffy’s Love Shack in Red Hook. Great food, great drinks and great fun that routinely spills out into the parking lot!
8. Beni Iguana’s Sushi Bar & Restaurant boasts a variety of sushi in generous portions. Their World Famous Mussels also get high praise.
9. Inspired by “going green,” Greengos Caribbean Cantina is a great place to lunch on authentic Mexican cuisine. Generous portions, reasonable prices and a comfortable atmosphere make for a rewarding dining experience.
10. Relax and savor the steak and seafood menu options at Banana Tree Grille, conveniently located at Bluebeard’s Castle. Fine dining in an open-air restaurant with beautiful harbor views.
11. Brick oven pizza and imported Belgian beers can be found at Pie Whole in Frenchtown. Also check out their wine collection and pasta and dessert dishes.
12. Old world charm and fine dining with cutting edge cuisine that includes Caribbean inspired seafood, steak and vegetarian dishes. A former stable constructed of stone walls and hardwood floors is home to Old Stone Farmhouse, close to Mahogany Run Golf Course, on the Northside.
13. Hop on the ferry to Water Island and spend the day on Honeymoon Beach. While there be sure to try the fish tacos or a burger at Heidi’s Honeymoon Grill.
14. Enjoy BBQ, burgers and drinks in a casual atmosphere at Off the Grid in Tillett Gardens. Stroll through the gardens and shops of this artistic community either before or after your meal.
15. Offering both traditional and seafood inspired breakfast items, Fish Tails Bar & Grill is dockside with a view of the marina in Red Hook. Their varied menu including fresh seafood, sushi, burgers, chicken, steak and pasta is available for lunch and dinner seven days a week, as well.
GO Next: St. Thomas Travel Guide »