We’ve compiled this list of things to do so that you can find something that interests everyone in your group. Whether they are younger or older, like to be active or just relax, interested in animals or history, they are sure to find something to do.
What’s the weather like? Average temperatures in June are High: 85° and Low: 67° / Average temperatures in July are High: 88° and Low: 71° / Average temperatures in August are High: 87° and Low: 70°
Pack your bags: Hot is the best way to describe the weather in summer. You definitely want clothes that will keep you cool like shorts, tank tops, flip flops and especially a bathing suit, beach towels, sunglasses and sunscreen.
50 Things To Do in Myrtle Beach in Summer
1. Alligator Adventure features a variety of alligators plus monkeys, wolves, kangaroos, lemurs, snakes and more. Live shows include alligator live feedings, alligator handling, and snake handling. A gift shop is available for souvenirs of this adventure.
2. Backstage Mirror Maze steps back in time to 1933 to a bank heist by Lucky Luciano and his gang. See if you can find the escape route through the backstage of the theater. Fun for everyone!
3. Barefoot Princess Riverboat has three cruises to choose from on the Intracoastal Waterway. You have a choice of a sightseeing cruise, a dinner cruise with on board entertainment or a sunset cruise. All three offer a nice relaxing time on the water.
4. Big M Casino Cruises offer day cruises or evening cruises. They feature table games, nickel slots, video poker machines and more. All cruises offer an all you can eat buffet. You must be 21 years old or older to attend.
5. Brookgreen Gardens offers history, art, and wildlife. Three ways to experience the history is a walking tour on the boardwalk, traveling the back roads by mini-bus or cruising on a 48 ft. pontoon boat. For your viewing pleasure there are 1,400 sculptures throughout the sculpture garden. Don’t forget to check out the zoo. Exhibits include native animals, domestic animals and birds.
6. Carolina Backwoods offers a 2 hour ATV trail tour with your choice of high/dry or down/dirty. Wooded trails and open riding are featured. Protective gear will be provided.
7. Go Ape offers an exciting Treetop Adventure for the Tarzan in you. To get to the zip line you have to navigate tricky crossings using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire. Be sure to check the website for age, height and weight restrictions.
8. Laughter is the best medicine! Comedy Cabana has been rated as a 5 star comedy club for 19 years running. For two years running they have received the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. Reservations are recommended because most sell out in advance and seating is done in order of reservations.
9. The Children’s Museum of South Carolina offers hands-on experience featuring interactive exhibits and programs. Exhibits include house construction, pirate hijacking, fossil hunt, medical center, weather center and much more. Children learn through these interactive experiences but also have fun.
10. Celebrate our freedom by paying your respects at the Hall of Heroes Tribute. It features a scaled replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall with all 58, 253 names, information about each war/conflict, a flag display, a Gold Dog Tag display honoring those who died in hostile action from the end of the Vietnam War until 9-11 and those who died in the Global War on Terror plus much more. A fitting tribute to our heroes.
11. Real or fake! The Hollywood Wax Museum features replicas of Hollywood stars. Take a picture of yourself rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. Your friends and family will be envious of you. Fun for everyone.
12. A great experience for the horse enthusiasts in your party. Check out the specific tours and requirements for the horseback rides that Inlet Point Plantation has to offer. They are open year round and have a variety of rides available for the inexperienced or the experienced rider. You can also schedule special group rides. Reserve your horseback ride today, available Monday through Saturday!
13. The House of Blues is an entertainment venue dedicated to celebrating the history of Southern Culture and African American artistic contributions to music and art. Myrtle Beach is one of twelve locations across the United States. They serve their local community and support local artists. Check their events calendar for more information on entertainment offerings.
14. Island Adventure Water Sports is in the top rankings as an activity to do on Trip Advisor. They offer jet ski and boat rentals, a jet ski back country tour, tubing, wakeboarding, kayaking, paddleboarding, plus more. Great for beginners or advanced. Reservations should be made in advance.
15. Have you ever wondered what it is like to surf but didn’t have the opportunity to find out? Now is your chance. Jacks Surf Lessons will give you the opportunity to try surfing. You may find your inner surfer. Check out the surfing lessons they have to offer and make your reservation today.
16. Jurassic Golf is a miniature golf course offering two 18-hole courses with dinosaurs throughout. The Ice Age course features fog and water. The Predator course offers a mountainous terrain. Fun for everyone. Other mini golf courses include Inlet Adventure, Cancun Lagoon, and Shark Attack Adventure Golf plus many more.
17. Karma Ultimate Nightlife is a night club for teens. Karma features a light and sound show, DJ, video screens and walls playing music videos, dance floor, and 2 VIP areas for private parties. The club is for 13–19 year olds only.
18. La Belle Amie Vineyard is locally-owned and operated and is quickly growing in popularity. There is a lot more to do at La Belle Amie than sample excellent wine. Take a tour of the grounds, and follow Vicki – the owner – as she guides you through the building and operations of local vineyard life. Guided tours are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m., weather permitting. You can call ahead to reserve a spot on the tour, or check availability upon arrival. Self-guided tours are available Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
19.Little River Fishing Fleet offers 1/2 day, 3/4 day or full day trips. You can choose from inshore, offshore, deep sea or gulf stream fishing. Their trips are less crowded because they limit the number of people to make it more enjoyable. Make your reservation today.
20.Lazer FX-Lazer Tag features themed facilities, 2 team games, unique game arenas, and multi-level play. They also have an arcade with over 40 games to choose from and ticket redemption for prizes.
21. Take a cruise on the Living Large Party Barge! They offer a Half Day Cruise, a Quarter Day Cruise, a Boat Bar Hop, a Full Moon/Starlight Cruise, a Boathouse Sunday Funday, Water Taxi service or schedule a Custom Cruise. Schedule your cruise today!
22. Go back in time to the “good ole days” of bumper cars, the Scrambler and roller coasters on wooden tracks. Take your kids to Family Kingdom Amusement Park where you can enjoy the rides, games and treats.
23. Enjoy the beautiful views along the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk. Take a walk, look at the boats, enjoy the music, or eat at one of the many restaurants featuring local seafood.
24. Take a walk along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. On the boardwalk you will find beach access, food, snacks, drinks, shopping, attractions, entertainment and much more. There is so much to see and do you may want to visit several times during your stay.
25.Ripley’s Aquarium is not only fun but educational as well. See amazing displays of fish, coral reefs, and plant life. Not only can you touch the stingrays you can also swim with them. You may want to schedule a sleepover in the Dangerous Reef Tunnel with the sharks. Many attractions available for all ages.
26. Do you scare easily or do you stand up and face danger head-on? Visit the Nightmare Haunted House and see if you can make it through without wanting to run for your life. Enjoy your frightful experience!
27. Enjoy the O. D. Pavilion Amusement Park overlooking the ocean and located on the beach. Enjoy the rides, games, food, and most especially the cotton candy. A great way to entertain your family and friends.
28. Enjoy the view while dining at Pier 14. Beautiful ocean views including sunset views in the evening while enjoying your meal outdoors or indoors. Also, enjoy fishing on the pier and visit the gift shop for souvenirs.
29. Plantation River Tours offers tours along historic plantations and the lowcountry of South Carolina. Choose between a pontoon boat cruise or an airboat cruise. Learn about the history of the rice plantations with these narrated tours.
30.Take a break from the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach at Myrtle Beach State Park. A great place to spend the day on the beach, fishing from the pier, taking a hike, riding a bike, or having a picnic. Entrance fees apply.
31. At 200 feet above sea level the Skywheel will give you a new perspective on Myrtle Beach and the Boardwalk. Their fully enclosed gondolas are climate controlled which makes this an even more enjoyable experience. Be sure to check it out at night when it is all lit up, as well.
32. Enjoy a moving theater experience. Attend one of two movies at Ripley’s Moving Theater where you will experience the ultimate in digital effects. With the surround sound, state of the art 5D and moving seats you will think you are actually in the movie. The ultimate theater experience.
33. Rover Boat Tours offers a unique cruise on their 40 ft. shaded pontoon boat. You will visit a remote barrier island, see Georgetown Light, look for wildlife and go shelling on a 3-4 hour cruise. Make your reservations today!
34. Myrtle Beach Skydiving gives you the chance to experience skydiving without all the training. They offer a Tandem skydive where you will be harnessed to a professional instructor for a once in a lifetime experience. Order a video and/or still photographs to share with family and friends. Book your reservation today!
35.Ripley’s Haunted Adventure is located in the Grimsby & Streaper Import-Export Co. where there were many strange occurrences in the past. With 10,000 plus square feet of haunted adventures you are sure to come out with your adrenaline pumping. Let the screams begin.
36. Take a tour of Georgetown, the third oldest city in South Carolina. Swamp Fox Tours will take you through this historic town where you will see historic homes, churches, museums, and the waterfront.
37. Remember variety shows on television such as The Carol Burnett Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, Sonny & Cher? Well, here is one that your family is sure to enjoy, as well. The Carolina Opry offers a variety of shows with singing, dancing and comedy. This is a great way to spend an evening being entertained. Get your tickets today.
38. Take a tour on one of the newest, fastest growing modes of transportation, a Segway. Myrtle Beach Segway Tours offers a tour around the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, Huntington State Park or The Market Common district. Make your reservations today!
39. The best way to keep cool for the summer is at Wild Water & Wheels. The park features 24 slides where you can use tubes, your body or mats. Three pools including a wave pool, a lazy river and a lounge pool. There is also an area for kids who are under 48″ tall. Also included in the park is an adult lounge pool, go-karts, bumper boats, kiddie rides, mini golf, snack bar, gift shop and picnic areas. A great place to spend the day.
40. The Wonderworks laboratory was transported here from the Bermuda Triangle via a tornado and landed upside down. Although the building is upside down all of the experiments survived and once you have gone through the inversion tunnel to get right side up you will enjoy a multitude of exhibits and displays, physical challenges, laser tag, and much more.
41. One of the best kept secrets in Myrtle Beach is the The Waccatee Zoo, located about 20 minutes from downtown Myrtle Beach. There, visitors can see a variety of exotic and domestic animals in a wooded and underdeveloped preserve. The zoo features all kinds of animals, including birds, zebras, big cats and small monkeys. Spend a day the whole family will enjoy, and stop at the snack shop for a nice break.
42. Hit a bowling alley for food, fun and competition. 710 North Myrtle Beach offers more than just a chance to bowl. They offer a place to eat along with other options for those who might not want to bowl. A place for a great time with family and friends.
43. Whether you are looking for someplace to go roller skating or skateboarding, Myrtle Beach has the place for you. The Fun Warehouse is a family entertainment center that offers roller skating among other activities for the whole family to enjoy. For skateboarding check out Matt Hughes Skateboard Park.
44. Are you a Nascar fan? If so, here is your chance to experience it as more than just a spectator. The Myrtle Beach Speedway has three opportunities for you to experience Nascar racing. Find the one that is right for you and fulfill your “need for speed.”
46. Enjoy a four course dinner and a show. Pirates Voyage offers a swashbuckling show that includes a battle for lost treasure. Medieval Times is an epic battle of knights against knights featuring a jousting tournament, real weapons, and beautiful horsemanship.
48. Surprise the baseball fans in your group with tickets to a game of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, our local baseball team!
And last of all, the two activities that draw the most visitors to Myrtle Beach…
49. Play golf at one of the many Myrtle Beach golf courses designed by award-winning designers and champion golfers. Enjoy the towering oak trees and lowcountry views found at Caledonia Golf & Fish Club. Challenge yourself at World Tour Golf Links with replicated famous holes from around the world. The Grande Dunes Resort Club has made special accommodations for women and for a more affordable course try The International Golf Club in Murrell’s Inlet. You are sure to find the course for you.
50. Whether your interests run toward surfing, sunbathing, building sandcastles, walking, shelling or any of the other beach activities available, you are sure to find the perfect spot. Myrtle Beach has over 60 miles of wide, beautiful beaches that can be accessed through public beach accesses or oceanfront resorts. Follow this link for helpful information about area parking and public accesses →
Summer Events & Festivals
- Native Sons Salt Games
- Carolina Country Music Fest
- Myrtle Beach Mustang Week
- 4th of July Fireworks
- Cool Summer Evenings
- Hot Summer Nights
- Attend or participate in this two day sporting event that includes large events including surfing, beach volleyball, paddleboarding and much more. Smaller events include corn hole, beer pong, tug of war and more. Fun for all ages. Also offers live music and refreshments. Show your skills and help support a chosen charity at Native Sons Salt Games held along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Three days of top country performers all in one place at one event. Join fellow country music fans for performers such as Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Eric Church, Rascal Flatts, Big & Rich, Cole Swindell and many more. Line up changes year after year at the Carolina Country Music Fest held along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Myrtle Beach offers several great areas with fireworks and festivals to celebrate 4th of July. Visit MyrtleBeach.com for specific details including dates & times.
- For all you Mustang fans (cars, not horses) check out the annual Myrtle Beach Mustang Week. Races, car shows and more will be held throughout the week at a variety of venues. Be sure to check out the event schedule.
- From June through August Brookgreen Gardens offers an evening of concerts, kids programs and dinner with their Cool Summer Evenings.
- Hot Summer Nights held on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is held from June through August and offers free nightly events. These may include carnivals, live music, talent shows, etc. Check for specific details.
- La Belle Amie Vineyard offers several events throughout the year that may include cookouts, live music and more so visit their events site to see what is going on when you are in town.