The Greater Fort Lauderdale, with eight beaches and a multitude of attractions has no shortage of photo opportunities to satisfy the shutterbugs in your travel group. Here are our top picks for photos in Greater Fort Lauderdale.
Top Spots for Snapshots in Greater Fort Lauderdale
1. Twenty-three miles of beaches are available for you to shoot beautiful sunrise and/or sunset views. Or, if you prefer, ocean views that include the sand, waves, water sports and boats. Bring your waterproof camera and take some shots of the coral reefs while snorkeling.
2. From the top of the Hillsboro Lighthouse, you will have access to stunning panoramic views of the area. The lighthouse itself, as it sits on the end of a barrier island, is a beautiful site to photograph.
3. The unique, brick-paved 2.5 mile oceanfront promenade known as the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk offers many photo opportunities for shutterbugs. You will find a beautiful, white sand beach with palm trees throughout, three oceanfront parks and much more to photograph as you stroll along.
4. The Everglades consists of 1.5 million acres of wetland that is home to a diverse plant and wildlife population. Cypress trees, a variety of birds, alligators, manatees and even Florida panthers make for exceptional photo opportunities. Walking, biking and kayaking are just a few of the ways for you to get around in the Everglades while taking photos.
5. Beautiful gardens, birds and butterflies galore make Butterfly World the perfect place to snap photos! Get up close and personal with butterflies of all colors and snap away. The beautiful, sometimes lush foliage, will also have you snapping away.
GO Next: Greater Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide