Hilton Head Island is a premier beach destination that is also rich in history and culture offering a multitude of photo opportunities for the shutterbugs in your group.
Top Spots for Snapshots on Hilton Head Island
1. Miles of beaches offer ocean views that include sand, waves, water sports, boats and more for perfect photo opportunities on Hilton Head Island. Don’t miss the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, too.
2. A not-to-miss photo opportunity is the iconic Harbour Town Lighthouse. It has become the symbol of Hilton Head Island and has been seen around the world on television during the RBC Heritage Golf Tournaments.
3. For landscape photographers and a representation of Native American culture, take some photos of the 4,000 year old Indian Shell Ring at Sea Pines Forest Preserve. You will also find other great photo ops within the preserve.
4. History buffs will delight in taking photos of the remains of Fort Mitchel, built during the Civil War era. Be sure to stop and read the historical markers as you stroll the pathways that run through the site.
5. The salt marshes, forests and freshwater ponds that make up the Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge not only preserve the natural habitat and wildlife in the area but also make for great photo opportunities.
GO Next: Hilton Head Travel Guide