Indian Harbour Beach is a quiet vacation destination just minutes from Melbourne, FL. Sitting on an island between the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River, Indian Harbour Beach offers visitors a laid back, relaxing atmosphere. Families and vacationers will enjoy spending time lounging on the beach, participating in watersports, or visiting the Kennedy Space Center – only a half hour’s drive from the resort. Indian Harbour Beach is also located just an hour from all Orlando has to offer including the Walt Disney World theme parks, Universal Studios and Sea World!
What’s the weather like? Average temperatures in Spring are High: 82° and Low: 63° / Average temperatures in Summer are High: 89° and Low: 73° / Average temperatures in Fall are High: 83° and Low: 67° / Average temperatures in Winter are High: 73° and Low: 51°
Pack your bags: For summer you should pack shorts, tank tops, flip flops. For all other seasons depending on the weather be sure to bring along a light jacket and some long pants or long sleeve shirts. Always bring a bathing suit, beach towels, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
Things to Do Around Indian Harbour Beach, FL
1. Gather your family and head to Andretti Thrill Park to have some fun! Adults and kids will enjoy challenging each other at go-kart racing, miniature golf and laser tag.
2. Another great place to take the family, especially on a rainy day, is Fun Town Family Entertainment Center. Activities for all ages include roller skating, laser tag, arcade games, mini bowling and more.
3. Spend an evening entertaining the family with bowling, billiards and interactive arcade games at Brunswick Zone Harbour Lanes, food and drinks also available.
4. Test your mental skills and see how well you work with others when you try to escape from a locked room. Explore clues, find secrets and crack codes to find your way out at Escape Room Entertainment in Melbourne or Locked Inside in Indialantic.
5. See alligators in the wild and get a thrill ride on an air boat through the wetlands. Make your reservations at Air Boat Rides in Melbourne.
6. Kids love to learn about animals when they get to stroll through a zoo and see the animals in their enclosures! But Brevard Zoo also offers some other unique experiences including a train ride, kayaking tour, paddle boats, animal encounters, animal feedings and more.
7. Looking for a park to have a family get-together? Indian Harbour has four very nice community parks with two of them right on the beach. Both Millennium Beach Park and Bicentennial Beach Park feature a boardwalk, bathrooms and outdoor showers for your convenience. Gleason Park is a 27-acre complex with a recreation center, pool walking trail and more. Oars and Paddles Park is 4.7 acres and features a floating launch dock, picnic tables, restrooms and a playground.
10. Explore the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge, a 258-acre sanctuary dedicated to protecting loggerhead and green sea turtles. Within the refuge is the Barrier Island Sanctuary that features a visitor center with interactive exhibits, nature films, special programs, a nature trail and fishing.
11. Although an hour away, it is definitely worth it to drive up to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Explore the history of space exploration when you visit the Mission Zones, grouped by chronological eras. Don’t miss this amazing experience!
13. Art enthusiasts will want to explore the many museums and galleries throughout the area including Foosaner Art Museum, Fifth Avenue Art Gallery and Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts, just to name a few.
14. Early risers might want to try their hand at surf fishing. Schedule a 4-hour surf fishing tour along the Space Coast Beaches with J & H Surf Fishing.
15. Family and friends will want to hear your “biggest catch” fish stories when you get back from your fishing trip. Central Florida Sport Fishing Charters offers 4, 6 or 8-hour inshore/nearshore fishing expeditions from Melbourne and select other locations.
16. Head to Sebastian Inlet State Park, a great fishing spot, that also offers kayaking, swimming hiking and more. While there check out the artifacts and displays about the wrecked 1715 Spanish Plate Fleet in The McLarty Treasure Museum and memorabilia devoted to the fishing industry at The Sebastian Fishing Museum.
Festivals & Events
- Cold-Blooded Weekend – Brevard Zoo
- Art Works Eau Gallie Fine Arts Festival
- Brevard Caribbean Festival – Cocoa
- NKF Rich Salick Pro/Am Surf Festival – Cocoa Beach
- Space Coast Art Festival – Cape Canaveral
- Space Coast Comic Con – Cocoa
- Taste of the Coast – Cocoa Beach
- Turtle Krawl – Indialantic
- Boo at the Zoo – Brevard Zoo
- Native Rhythms Festival
- Seafood and Music Fest – Cocoa Beach
Go Next: Indian Harbour Beach Travel Guide